Your Subtitle text
Family Based Cases
THE KATZ LAW GROUP helps people from throughout the world immigrate to the United States through family relationships with U.S. citizens and green card holders. We also assist clients with fiancé(e) visas and nonimmigrant visas for spouses and their children awaiting permanent residency status.

Our attorneys are committed to ensuring that your family can remain united in the United States. We work to meet your needs and represent your interests wherever you are located. 

Who is eligible for family immigration?

Immigration through family relations depends largely on the legal status of the relative extending the benefit:
U.S. citizens: U.S. citizens can petition for green cards for spouses, unmarried children, parents, siblings, as well as fiancé(e) visas and nonimmigrant visas for spouses and children awaiting green cards.
Permanent residents: permanent residents, or green card holders, may file a petition for green cards for spouses and unmarried children.
Beyond immediate family members of U.S. citizens (parents, spouses, and unmarried children under the age of 21) who have their approved petitions processed upon receipt, eligible beneficiaries are divided into categories, or “Preferences.” The Preferences, for non-immediate family members, determine when a visa becomes available after the application has been approved. At The Katz Law Group, we explain the details of this process and answer any questions that clients may have.

Fiancé(e) visas
If you are a U.S. citizen and you intend to marry a foreign national who is living abroad, within 90 days, then you can apply for a fiancé(e) visa. A fiancé(e) visa permits your future spouse to enter the United States for the marriage ceremony and to apply for permission to work. In order for your fiancé(e) to be eligible for the visa, you will have to provide information proving that you are both free to marry and that you have met at least once within the past two years (with some exceptions).

At The Katz Law Group, we will assure that you and your fiancé(e) have everything you need in to file a successful visa application and we can counsel you about the steps to take after your marriage.

Call (212) 537-6714 for help with family immigration in the United States.

Email us at:

Website Builder